The Wedding Bath

Friday, March 21, 2008

I walked into my aunt's house and my 4 year old cousin looks up at me and says, "Katie! You're taking a shower here tomorrow! But I'm not taking it with you."

Tomorrow is the wedding shower. "The" as in singular because there will only be one (it's hard to have showers when you live 2000 miles away from your family), which is great except all the separate spheres of my life are colliding in a mammoth, (and present-filled) way and frankly, I've kept them as separate spheres for a reason.

My parents are divorced and remarried to other people, so that there is 4 spheres (mom, dad, step-mom and step-dad, and there's not necessarily the greatest relations between several of them), then there's The Fiance's family (which tomorrow is just the MIL) and then there's friends not related to my crazy-ass family.

I'm really trying to imagine the bumblefuck that will ensue tomorrow, I know it will be fun, it's just a matter of who will make the biggest ass out of themselves, a coveted award at all our family gatherings. I have a feeling that the peach sangria is going to help significantly. And the cake, though considering that it's going to be a picture of The Fiance and I, I have a feeling there's going to be a small cannibalistic element to that part.

And the presents, those will help too. Have I mentioned yet that I'm stoked for the presents?

5 comments:

kim-d said...

I think you should grab your very own personal jug of peach sangria and add a little peach schnapps--or a lot. Do you know what I would give to be at your shower tomorrow? Fun Run Amok--HAHAHAHA! Just keep the presents in mind; who cares who gets out of line--there are presents! And that's AFTER the copious amounts of peach sangria. I'm not even gonna say anything about all of the possibilities for fun with that cake...

And now, in all seriousness...if it's the same pic that's on the card? That is a TERRIFIC picture!

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow...and chuckling a little, like...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kate said...

Shower presents! Yay!

I hope it all goes well and that there isn't too much of a bang when the spheres collide. My parents and step-parents really surprised me at our engagement party, by presenting quite a united front.

kim-d said...

HAPPY TAKING A SHOWER AND GETTING PRESENTS FOR IT DAY, KATIE!!!!

kim-d said...

HAS IT BEEN PRESENT TIME YET? LIST THE LOOT, OKAY? :)

Nola said...

Will uncles make lewd comments?? Have fun!!