Visual Assault

Monday, March 31, 2008

Last week at my Anatomy class, the professor drew a picture on the chalkboard and then it sat and stared at me for the remaining 74 minutes of class. I had a very difficult time focusing, as this is what stared back at me:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Admit it, it's pretty disturbing.

And then I made dinner tonight, a delicious mushroom/onion risotto served in portobello mushroom caps, and while I was baking the portobellos I came across this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm beginning to think I'm hallucinating. Or possibly a lesbian. Perhaps that's the source of the crisis of faith?
(by the way, thank you for the considerate comments and emails, I appreciate each and every one of them).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that the drawing was a doughnut. Wonder what that says about me?

Anna in IL

Nola said...

You are over-stressed. Yup.

Pontchartrain Pete said...

Not touching this one. No way, no how.

Flea said...

The first one, to me, looked vaguely like an egg, with the writing at the top looking like an attacking sperm. What would that say about you? :) Or me?

kim-d said...

Okay, well I guess I'm a lesbian then, too. Cause I giggled like a much-younger girl at both images. Yup, that's it. You're a lesbian. Puts sort of a crimp in the wedding preparations, huh? HAHAHAHA! Those are some nice portobellos ya got there! Okay, I'm sorry...the only thing I can say is, I think there might still be traces of my pre-colonoscopy happy cocktail in my system. Or I'm a lesbian. Who dreams of Kyle Chandler. :)

And you're SO WELCOME for the stellar faith-crisis advice I gave you. Ummm, yeah. Almost as helpful as the above paragraph. :)

Helpful or not, always here for ya!

brneyedgal967 said...

Hmmm... you're seeing tits at school. You're eating tits at dinner. I'm gonna call it like I see it - you're a LESBIAN!!

ROFL - kidding.

Ness said...

Playing catch up here. I don't know of one person by the time they have reached your age that hasn't questioned their practiced religion. I'll go on record here as saying that although I practice Catholicism having converted from Methodisism, there are a couple of Catholic doctrine that are still hard to swallow, like I have a real problem that my quints, because they were not baptized before they died, are floating around in limbo. They're in Heaven sure as I'm sitting here. God is not denominational and "going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a ballpark makes you a ball player. You will work it out, Katie and it will be what is right for you and your fiance' and future children. Hugs to you with all you have going on.