Say what?

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

So one of the contestants on America's Next Top Model (shut up, I'm going to keep watching it no matter what you say) was born in Africa and was circumsized when she was like 7, which is obviously not humorous and I do not wish to make light of that.

However, this week was makeover week and they put in her very first weave, and I swear to you she looked into the camera and said, "this is the most painful thing that has ever happened to me."

Yea, I can totally see how having you hair braided and sewn is probably more painful than having your cli.torus cut out. Totally.

4 comments:

Nola said...

Um. Yeah. What you said.

Katie said...

This is what happens when I have nothing to talk about but feel a need to talk.

What can I say? Wednesdays are mentally strenuous days.

the queen said...

You made me gut-laugh at female circumcision. You are bad.

kim-d said...

Yes. What the queen said. You ARE bad...which is so good, cause I am too.

I am NOT laughing at the female circumcision--which, EXCUSE ME? A small piece of extraneous skin vs. a WHOLE body part? NOT THE SAME THING.

It's just the irony of her statement. But, I'm glad you gave a glimpse into what's going on in this ANTM, because I've had to miss it--the first one ever. There is a conflict with "Big Brother"--BWAHAHAHAHA!