Saturday night's alright alright alright

Sunday, March 9, 2008

I need to be studying, but I just thought I'd fill you in on the dinner last night with NOLA and her husband and Sun (who seriously, just could not be cuter). We had wonderful food at a little restaurant I surely never would've stumbled across on my own, easy conversation and just a nice time. Even though I'd already met NOLA and Captain Sarcastic, I was a little nervous, though I did not iron my jeans this time (I may have de-wrinkled The Fiance's...shhh). My nerves were unfounded and I really genuinely enjoyed the hell out of myself. Conversation with adults is so incredibly refreshing.

I've lived in this city for a year and a half now and I cannot remember the last time we went out to dinner with friends who were not in medical school and who, though fun people, did not plan on either getting completely shit-faced at dinner or high when they got home. And I know I don't know NOLA that well, but I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt that neither of those are true. And that RULES. I feel like I might be growing up. No really, it's like I have real adult friends who can have real adult conversation. Who even knew that was possible?

That said, I think next time we're going to have to bring out a wii and do some cow racing, and or duck hunting and if I can convince them of the wonders of Super Smash Brothers, some super smashing.

2 comments:

Nola said...

Yes, next time Wii!!! Maybe accompanied by a home-cooked meal!

Heehee. You think I'm, like, a mature adult. My clay feet are melting!!

Two glasses of wine and I had a headaches this morning :(

kim-d said...

Good for you, Katie! Everybody needs some sober, controlled-substance-free adult friends who can carry on a (relatively) normal conversation. But who still like to have fun. Cool!