A Case of the Mother-Freaking Mondays

Monday, March 3, 2008

Last night, after doing a bunch of work, I opened up my new Wii game- Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games. It's entertaining though it's no Guitar Hero III or Super Mario Galaxy. The Fiance and I played for a while and then switched to "mission mode." One of these missions is to win 7 points at ping pong using "smash" hits, which are the faster, harder hits. We could not beat it and admittedly it was getting frustrating.

I was totally into the game when The Fiance pulled out his computer to look at something. And without hesitating I wound back to super hit a forehand and smacked the shit out of his computer it with my hand. Um, ouch. Not only did I cut it open, but the fact that my finger is the size of a small sausage and is blue would indicated that if nothing else, I bruised the crap out of it. It's so swollen I can't bend it, which is okay because that is excruciatingly painful anyway.

The better part was when the Fiance took a look at it and realized that the ice pack was only slightly cold and I had to admit that I took it out of the freezer because I didn't have room for my York Peppermint Patties. Priorities, my friends.

No, I did not go to the doctor, no I will not, if for no other reason than because I cannot go to a medical professional and tell them that I might have broken my finger playing wii. And really, they're going to splint it or buddy tape it and charge me 250 bucks and I can do that for 4 dollars at the drug store thankyouverymuch. Oh and did I mention that it's my middle finger? Because nothing's funnier than flipping people off all day long.

Except maybe what happened tonight. I stopped by Whole Foods to get a sandwich since The Fiance has to work late and I didn't want to cook for myself. I always only eat half of the sandwich because, you know, I'm dainty like that, but I carefully upwrapped it, put my half on a plate and then my phone rang, and when I stepped back to get it, this happened:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Let's break down this picture a little. First, the sticker is stuck to the bottom of my sweater, but right above that is a spot of mustard, and I have no idea how I did that. Then there's the whole sheet of paper the sandwich was sitting on, and then there's the sandwich on the floor.

And you know the expression butter side down? Mine just fell sandwich side down. I think this defies physics.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


And to cap off the day we're under Tornado Watch until 11pm. I figure that this is a great way to start the week, because really, it's just going to get better from here. I mean, literally, it has to.

6 comments:

kim-d said...

Oh, Katie. Damn, I'm so sorry...hehehe. Give me just a minute while I get past the sticker-stuck-on-your-sweater and the big glob of mustard and your broken "take THAT" finger from playing WII, for pete's sake. Then, with all this, you say you only eat half the sandwich cause you're DAINTY? Ummm, Katie? Go ahead and eat the whole sandwich and go back for a second. Not believing the dainty. Maybe you're just not meant to eat tonight. You would probably choke and there's no one there to perform the Heimlich. Go to bed now. In a small room with no windows in case the tornado comes. OY. It appears you have pissed off Mother Nature :).

I really am so sorry for ya :)...

Anonymous said...

Peppermint Patties? Not my favorite. Now, Andes Mints, they deserve some freezer space!

Anna in IL

Ness said...

The week just has to get better...hang in there, Katie! And stay away from Wii!

Nola said...

That last sandwich pic is hysterical. Poor thing never had a chance with you.

And there are entire websites dedicated to Wii injuries. I'm just saying.

Slimbolala said...

I've heard of people getting repetitive-stress injuries from the Wii, but you're taking it to a whole new level.

brneyedgal967 said...

You know what my hubby says when crappy things like this happens? It must be said with an Okie or Texas drawl, but it'll make you laugh and laughing will make you feel better:

Well HORSE-FUCKIN'-SHEEEIT! There, now don't you feel better?