Bucket List

Thursday, March 6, 2008

My writing here is going to get a little more erratic for the next week or two. Why you ask? It's because of my enormous and ever growing to-do list of things that must be accomplished by March 19th or sooner.

In no particular order:

-Study for Anatomy exam Monday

-Write Anatomy paper proposal also due Monday because professor is a douche bag

-Study for Physics exam Thursday

-Choose restaurant for dinner with The Fiance, NOLA and family on Saturday (really, I swear, I am going to make a decision, like tonight-ish.)

-Begin and stick to wedding diet

-Find officiants for wedding

-Make appointment to meet potential officiants for wedding

-Call florist and set up time for viewing mock-up centerpieces

-Call DJ and set up time to go over songs for wedding

-Speak with God about adding 7 or 8 hours to Holy Thursday for more wedding errands

-Call bridal shop and move the fitting back a day

-Pick out a song for The Fiance and his mother to dance to that doesn't either make me laugh out loud at the absurdity of it, or want to vomit from the intended sentiment.

-Learn to feel left arm/hand again

-Order wedding rings

-Send email to get more addresses for wedding invites

-Send the rest of the save the dates

-Finalize wedding list

-Fold the mountain of laundry on the floor

-Write lesson plans for next chapter of teaching

-Have a bunch of tiny electrical needles stuck in arm muscles

-Get oil changed and perpetually flattening tire fixed

-Pay remaining medical bills

-Book honeymoon

-Clean classroom for parent-teacher conferences

-Find new job

-Sleep

And this does not include the mundane work from 7 to 4 on weekdays, plus class Monday from 4:30-5:45, Wednesday from 4:30 to 8:45 and the hour and a half physical therapy sessions Tuesdays and Thursdays. Oh and all the barrels of crazy I'm dragging along with me.

As the wedding gets closer and closer I'm not finding myself more nervous about being married, just more nervous about having a total mental breakdown before I even get to the aisle. I should probably add mental breakdown to the list because, come on, you know it's coming...

5 comments:

Nola said...

Start wedding diet AFTER Saturday night!!

kim-d said...

HAHAHA...what NOLA said? That was my first thought, too, while reading your list! Lucky NOLA for getting to have dinner with you and The Fiance (and also vice versa, I'm sure). I would SO love to have dinner with you sometime!

Seriously, girl, your list is NUTS! Do you have anybody to help you with some of the wedding-related stuff? Or is it easier to not have any help? I'm not real schooled on "big" weddings, since mine just involved four people :)!!! THAT was even stressful as the time got close, so I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Just keep the big prize--the rest of your life with (the one who will be) The Husband, after the honeymoon--in mind and you'll get through it all. In a blurry fog, yes--but you will get through it just the same...hehehe! I'll be most interested in knowing which song you chose for the mother-son dance! Mine with Todd was "What A Wonderful World" which was perfect, as that was one of Bill's favorite songs. But I just can't see something like that for your MIL. How about "Highway to Hell"??? BWAHA...just joking??!!

Always here for ya, Cutie!!!

Are You Willing to Change? said...

Wow! Even though I want to be married...I'm so thankful that I'm not getting married right now. It seems so stressful. Good Luck with your list!

Daisy Duke said...

Restuarant suggestions:
Bistro Daisy
Cafe Rani

As for a wedding song...maybe a nice instrumental version of something?? ;-)

doctor-mama said...

Hi, I came across your blog via a search engine. I got a Chiari I diagnosis on Tuesday after about 8 months of increasingly severe headaches. I am very upset and frightened. I have my first neurosurgery consultation (in Boston) on Monday.

Just wanted to say your blog, especially your account of your surgery, has made me feel a bit calmer.

Best of luck with your wedding planning. Your fiance sounds like a keeper.