Truth and Lies

Monday, February 25, 2008

I feel like we need some more interaction today. I saw this on someone else's blog, and usually I try to give credit when I steal, but I cannot for the life of me remember where I got it from, so know that I didn't make this Meme up, but I liked the idea.

I'm going to list 6 things- 4 of them will be true, 2 will be false (remember this from like summer camp?). You, the reader, will comment and tell me which ones you think are true and which ones you think are false. Mkay? As usual, anonymous comments are fine, as long as you're playing nicely and no cheating just in case I've posted something about this before. It's about your impression of me and what you think is true or false.

1. I can speak English, Spanish, Greek and some Italian, all at least at 3rd grade fluency. I understand more than I speak and my accent is ridiculously terrible in all (except English).

2. My father says that of the spankings doled out onto my sister and I (and by the way, this is so not a forum for pro or anti-spanking parents, it happened, and you can do whatever the hell you want with your own kids), about 75% were given to little ole me.

3. In college I made straight As (and A-s) and never skipped a class until my senior year when I stopped going to one of my education classes because the professor thought I was someone else and subsequently, never marked me absent.

4. I have broken over 7 bones in my body (not including fingers and toes) in my life, but aside from the internal ones during surgery, I have never had stitches.

5. I love to bake and have won not one, not two, but three county pie baking contests (the first year I took 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the all-around contest). I also won in the cheesecake contest my last year baking for it.

6. I did not lose my first tooth until the summer after 1st grade. I was 7 and of course, there was a tooth fairy chart in the 1st grade class where everyone got to put a sticker up when they lost a tooth and I never. lost. one.


Okay, now figure out which ones are true and which ones are false. I'm a pretty bad liar, so hopefully it's not too obvious.

10 comments:

the queen said...

5 is false, 2 is false due to a technicality.

Nola said...

I am going with 3 and 5. I can believe you made straight As, but I see you skipping out! And baking? Hmmm. I need proof, of the crust-flake variety.

katy said...

I'm going with 2 and 4...just as guesses... Thanks for the input to my school problems..

boneramafreak said...

I just started reading, found you through Nola...so I am totally guessing. But 3 and 2?

Anna in IL said...

I think 4 and 6 are false. But what do I know?

kim-d said...

I'm almost certain I know for sure but I don't think it's really fair for me to guess. And you know me. I'm all about the fair-ness. HAHA! THIS much I will say--you, my dear, are the only person I know who has TWO Kitchen Aids! You are a baking fool...BWAHAHAHA! I loves me some peach pie...

Monkling said...

5 is at the top of my list as not true. The other ones, I'm torn between 1 & 3. I think I'll have to hate you if you can speak Italian because then you'll know the bad things my son is saying about me & you'll be able to laugh at me with him.

Anonymous said...

I vote for 2 and 6, seems like I can remember you writing about baking before but about the rest is just a guess.
Kathy

Scarlett Wanna Be said...

Oh goodness, I just don't know. I'm going to say 3 but only because you used the word "never" and then I'll say 1. 1 because I know that Spanish and Italian are a lot a like but Greek might be harder....I don't know. I know you're smart so maybe you can speak them all...this is hard.

Ness said...

I can see them all being true so I'm gonna guess 1 and 4. Is there a prize for the person who is so totally off the mark? giggle