Spellcheck

Thursday, February 21, 2008

NOLA commented yesterday about how I was able to type a lot with such stupid hands, and I thought, she's right, I should show these people what the blog looks like straight out of the fingers, because maybe they'll appreciate me more that way. Maybe. So here goes nothing, and the topic, lest it is completely unreadable, is google keyword searches that have led people here.


First, have I ever mentioned how much I love Google Analystic? Because I do. Like a lot. It's absolutely aweoms for those uf us with a mild stalkering proble. On days when the comment count is low-sih I'll check and see how many peoplle have visited. soemtimes it's comforting to know that I've hade only 27 visitors and 3 of them comented. Others, like yesterday, when 130 of you vistied and only 3 commented, comforint g if was not.

One of my favorite featurs, besies the fact that I know where all of you life, which is a lot of places, thankfully none in my hometown, is that you can see the seraches that lead to hits on the blog. Now, those easrches led to a LOT of bounces (which seeems to be google talk for when people com across the site but don't stop and read), but hey, there are a lot of ways to find this sit, eand thankfulyly, my mother has not come up iwht any of them yet.

Sice november 1st, 666 peple have found the blog through google keyword searches. Soe ofmy favorites include (I did spell the keywords as spelled on Google Analytics, my comments are unaltered):



"firy dress up games that you dress up people at the same time" [sic] Owwza.

"drain zipper" (um, idenote- yikes.)

"about make hair marry for myself" Hooked on phonx worked for them.

"asshole number" 24, thanksyuverymuch

"chubby adult canal" ...

"eminem's embarrassing moments" why wouldn't htye be here?

"how to make a mardi gras bra" I'm pretty sure that the main coponent of a ardi gras bar is not weraing one at all.

"I'm feeling lucy" Really, I'm feeling Katie, nice ot meet you.

"Most embarrassing black metal moments" I've had many of these.

"what is the difference of a rum a coke and a rum and diet coke" Do I evern need to comment here? Aslo, oes anyone know what thed ifference betwen vodka tonic and gin and tonic is?


So there you have it. Aso it took like 35 minutes to type all of that, wihtout any editing. Because my hands are really slow thse days and when I try to speed up, pretty much zero a's and s'sshow up due to the atrophy of my pinkei and ring finger. Also, this is nota nywhere near my worse spelling day either. In fact, this is pretty damn ed oog for me. You're wlcome.

Go, unscramble thy brain.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm... yes, that is an issue. I'm guessing that typing into google yourself must produce interesting results...

Incidentally, I can't comment on yesterday's post. (Great, or this one either, unless I go anonymous.) I think Blogger is mad at me.

Anna in IL

Cathy in MI said...

Katie, I just wanted you to know I came here via Kristie's site (not quite what i had planned). Sorry for all the trouble you are going though. I hope you get answers from the neuro and that something can be done to fix your numbness. I can't imagine teaching and taking classes and dealing with this. Just wanted you to know I am thinking positive thoughts for you.

Monkling said...

130 visitors?!?!?! I am so jealous. On a good day, I get 30. But I can see why. You have way better stuff for people to search for. Want to know what the top search is for my blog? The freaking Muffin Man. Just because I posted about making muffins & taking them to the dorm. What the heck is the obsession with the Muffin Man?

Nola (www.nolanotes.com) said...

Well, I could still read it! I "stumbled upon" a site that says the human brain can read a word no matter how misspelled as long as all of the letters are there. Bummer about that pinky though.

Scarlett Wanna Be said...

Seems to me like everyone's butthole number should be 0. After all, that is what it looks like. Also, my spelling would be way worse than yours if it weren't for spell check. Seriously, I am horrible.

~*~Snappz~*~ said...

Two things -

1. The thing about being able to read a word, no matter how badly it is spelt? Apparently, you only need to have the first and last letters in the right place, and your brain will read it automatically ... Tehy can be raed by yuor biran wtihuot you!

2. Thanks for also getting me hooked on Google Analytics! I am now obsessed with it. A couple of days ago, someone typed in 'vomit toilet' and ended up at my blog. Uhh ... Great!

I hope that today is a good day for you :-)

~*~Snappz~*~ said...

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in what oredr the ltteers in a word are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is that the first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Anonymous said...

Katie - I came here through Kristie's site, too, even though I haven't been able to be on her site for a while because of an "Active X" thingy that kept kicking me out until recently. Can't figure that out. But anyway, thank you for sharing your story. Your sense of humor is amazing. Sometimes life just does that to us, huh? You certainly are a go-getter, and if I lived there I'd be happy to be your personal secretary and you wouldn't have to worry about spellcheck at all. Except for the typos I'd make myself.

Funny about the word stuff. It's true, though, you don't need all the letters to understand the word. I guess that's why I have done so well working for attorneys and deciphering their handwritten notes. It's also what helped me land a spot on "Wheel of Fortune" when I passed all the tryout tests. Woo-wee! Big money! Seriously, it was a blast. (And yes I won some money. Paid for a nose job. Thank you very much.) But enough about that. Please know that if I don't sign the guestbook every time I view your site, I'm not trying to be a stalker....I just might not have anything clever to say.

Thanks again for sharing.

Claire in Indiana

kim-d said...

Have a good weekend, Katie--I'll talk to ya Sunday night.

daisy said...

Found your blog several weeks ago through someone else's. Thought "Overflowing Brain" meant you were overwhelmed with ideas and projects. Well, that may be very true, but I continue to follow your story because I'm overwhelmed by your courage, your optimism, your love of life, learning, and the pursuit of happiness (oops, in this day of political combativeness maybe I should give proper credit for those 3 words!)despite the challenges you face. May your many friends and loving fiance keep you uplifted.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Love that you did this entry. Hang in there - ons of out here admire you and in are in awe of your strength.

Hallie :)