Results

Sunday, February 17, 2008

So I know that the only thing you like to read about more than my brain woes is my hair woes, so don't worry, I'm going to share some more. I know you're excited to see how exceptionally "punk" I am.

Here is the hair blown dry and straightened. It's already grown longer than the scar! (Also, note the Valentine's day tulips!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Here is the back of my head with my hair in a ponytail. With a nicely placed ponytail, you can't see the scar at all, just the ridiculously short bottom half of my hair and the nice part that separates the normal side from the punk side.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Here's the back with my hair in a bun. I can comb it just so you can only see the bottom of the scar if you look closely. The punk however, is oh so much more abundant with the bun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


What's that? You want to see the scar close up and personal. Well, okay, if you twist my arm. This is a few days shy of 12 weeks post-op. You can't see the top (it's covered by a lot of hair that's growing down over it) and the bottom below my hairline is visible, but it's super light (yay!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




In totally unrelated news, I have two winners for the joke contest.

First, Ness with her very funny lawyer/judge/old woman joke. (Skip down a few posts to read it, it's in the comments). Her charity of choice is The Thyroid Cancer Survivor's Association and I'll be making that donation later today.

The other winner was "Anonymous." There were several anonymous comments, so let me be more specific. This person posted 3 jokes, the winning one being the "silent treatment wakeup" one. You don't have to reveal your identity, but if you're reading, leave me a comment and let me know which charity you'd like a donation made to.

Congrats to the winners and a heartfelt thank you to everyone who participated and took my mind off reality.

3 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Love the ponytail look - actually they all look great but the ponytail just spoke to me! Ok, that sounded odd but I'm still slightly hung over - that's my excuse!

Hallie

Anonymous said...

I left the silent treatment wake up. I usually put my name at the bottom, but just forgot. My kids must have been home...lol. Any cancer charity would be awesome.

On another note - your scar is looking great. It's amazing the difference in just 12 weeks. And the tulips were beautiful!!

Angel - SC

Ness said...

Your hair looks great, Katie. I wish I could wear that look but when my hair's around, it's too curly and uncooperative to do something cute like that.

Thanks for the thyroid cancer donation. I hope we eradicate all forms of cancer in our lifetimes.