Ode to the man in my life

Friday, February 15, 2008

So yesterday was Valentine's day, which sort of sucked, both for all the time spent at the hospital, and just because I got to spend so little time with my Valentine. He had a project due today as well as two tests and it just so happens that today is his 26th birthday. I was having a hard time deciding what to write about him because I know I've done lists and I've done Memes and I've blathered on and on about him, and then I read his Valentine's day card to me, and I knew it needed to be shared. For you to understand the man that I love, you must read this.
------------------------------------------------

Katie

All my life I lived like a lone AA battery. Sure, I could make the small things in life work, like handheld video poker games, but my life lacked the partner needed to truly power my life. You are my long lost battery, completing me, charging my life and powering my love. When I no longer have the strength to power the simplest of functions, you always find a way to recharge me and bring out my highest potentials, errr, voltage.

May we travel side by side through the battery holder thingy of life, and though we may eventually begin to fade, my love for you never will.

So much love,

The Fiance

____________________________________________________

I'm sorry, how could I not love this man?

He is the man who has made all my wildest and lamest dreams come true. He's my future, my past and most importantly, my present. He's the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, the man I want to have by my side as we drive this bumpy journey of life. He's the only man I will ever trust with my children and he is going to be the best husband, father, doctor, literally anything he sets his mind to.

My love for him grows each day and I'm so proud of all he's accomplished, in school and in life. He didn't have the happiest childhood and he hasn't always had the greatest life circumstances, but he has forged forward, never given up and he will achieve any goal ahead of him.

I am so proud to be a part of his life and I cannot wait, in just 3 1/2 months, to be able to call myself his wife.

Happy Birthday Babe. I hope 26 is the best year yet.

1 comments:

lace1070 said...

Katie ~ awee sounds like you have found quite a gem! Are you beyond excited about your wedding? Hugs to you ~ Lace