The Monologues

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Last night, the Fiance and I went to see the Med School's production of the Vagina Monologues (and yes, I realize that my typing that word just increased my freaky keyword search finds by like 2 trillion).

First, I should probably preface all of this with the fact that we don't see the show because we really enjoy hearing about other women's crotches, but our good friend is heavily involved in it and we thought, how can we ask her to fly to our California wedding if we can't even go to listen to her talk about her hoo-ha? And the money goes to a good cause, so we just bit the bullet and did it.

Next, you should know that I don't like the word vagina. I don't, I'm a prude and I'm totally at peace with it. I was raised calling it a "crotch" and it works for me. Last year when we saw the production, I almost had to leave because for the first ten minutes, I couldn't stop laughing. Everytime someone said the word vagina I died inside and I could. not. stop. laughing. I was more composed this year. I only laughed when the girl told the story about impaling herself on a bed post, because, you know, the mental image of that is kinda hilarious.

But by far the highlight of last night was after the show, when we were chatting with our friend. One of the other girls who was in the show, came up and started talking to us. Our friend's boyfriend inquired about her purple-ish pink highlights and she went on to tell him that they were for Mardi Gras and had just faded a lot, when my totally sober Fiance piped up and said,

"Really? I thought your hair looked really vagina-y."

And then there was a really awkward silence in the room because he just told her that her hair looked like a crotch.

1 comments:

brneyedgal967 said...

And friend didn't have a snappy comeback to fiance's comment? Oh man, I would have declared open season if someone had said that to me. LOL