If wishes were horses

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm going to give you the rest of the day to try to figure out which of my statements from yesterday are true and which are false (interesting choices by the way), while I post this Meme that I actually typed up, um, 10 days ago, but apparently hit "save" instead of publish. Because I'm special like that.

Ness tagged me to do this Meme about wishes, and I can't resist a good tag. I'm supposed to list 5 material wishes and 5 spiritual wishes and then I get to tag 5 people, so here goes...

5 Material Wishes (I'm not sure these are really "material" as much as they are just not spiritual)

1. To fit into my wedding dress perfectly. This includes bigger boobs and at least 5 inch longer legs.

2. To be able to pay off all our loans. And the ones yet to be accrued, because there are many. Like, really, MANY.

3. That my kids all get The Fiance's gorgeous blue eyes and non-defective immune system.

4. That my hair will eventually grow back and that I can drop the punk look before my wedding. I'm guessing that since it's been 3 months and I have about 1 1/2 inches of hair on the bottom that in the next 3 months, it's not going to catch up to the rest of my hair.

5. That I could go buy new clothes. And new shoes. I'm feeling in need of retail therapy.


5 Spiritual Wishes

1. Peace. I wish we could have it, I wish we wouldn't disrupt it and I wish that it would be everlasting.

2. Equality. We are all human. Color, gender, orientation, and our past should not change our future and I wish that someday everyone would share that belief with me.

3. Love. Parents who abuse children, spouses who abuse their spouse, children bullying, I wish it could all stop. Because I've been on the receiving end of some of this and to me, one of the greatest gifts I hope to give my children is freedom from these abuses and of course, insane quantities of love.

4. Awareness. Living with an "invisible disease" and being connected with so many others makes me keenly aware of how much more awareness there needs to be about diseases and life circumstances. So many people carry a burden we're unaware of, and so many problems go unresearched and untreated because of ignorance.

5. Freedom. From oppression, disease, poverty and everything else that tramples on the human spirit.


Now, before you go hug a tree somewhere, I get to tag 5 of you. I do not know what about tagging makes me feel guilty, but it does, everytime. So don't feel compelled to do the Meme, but I am tagging the following 5 people:


NOLA (my new bff)
Lanny
Monkling
The Queen
Tammy

5 comments:

kim-d said...

I love all your wishes, Katie; they're just so nice! And well-worded.

You are going to be a beautiful bride! And you're going to be a beautiful bride pretty darn quick...EEEK!

Nola said...

I compromised and did your "truth and lies" as my meme. I am dying for your answers!!

I too feel guilty when I tag folks--probably 'cause I tag the same bloggers!!! Ah, well! Thanks for thinking of me.

brneyedgal967 said...

*blech*

If I must. I don't mind being tagged, I don't. I tag others, I think I've tagged you. But I'm just feeling so, NOT FUNNY right now. I may have to imbibe in some alcohol to complete this project.

It's your fault.

*chuckle*

brneyedgal967 said...

DONE!

*happy dance*

Monkling said...

I'm just catching up now after being gone for a couple of days so... well this is gonna have to wait. Which may mean I will forget, but if I do, it's not on purpose.