Filler Meme

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So the good news is that I might get into see the new neurologist (and get the subsequent needle stabbing test) sooner. The bad news is that it's because more shit is hitting more fans with greater velocity.


I don't feel like talking about it right now, so I'm going to do the Meme that Tammy tagged me for *cough*a month ago*cough*. I always planned to get around to it, I just didn't have anything besides a text book near me whenever I thought to do it.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people. I'm not tagging anyone because I'm a rebel. And also too lazy to deal with links. And also have a test tomorrow I should be studying for.

I just grabbed the book that's next on my list to read, admittedly these 3 sentences are the only ones I've read, and I have to say, I'm intrigued.

The book is: "Size 12 is Not Fat" by Meg Cabot

"Because I can't stop worrying about them. Not that there can be that many more virgins left in the building--which I happen to be in a position to know. Ever since I swapped the Hershey's Kisses in the candy jar on my desk for individually wrapped Trojans, I've had kids stumbling down to my office at nine in the morning in their PJs (and if you don't think nine in the morning is early by college standards, you've never been in college) unapologetically plucking them from the jar."



Heh. When I was in college* our R.A.s came by and knocked on our door each night with a bucket of candy (wrapped) and condoms (also wrapped) and you could take either, neither or both. Every night. Seriously. And also there was a tree for everyone to hug, just in case.

*Actually not a public university! A small, very non-religious, very hippie school. Make love, not war.

4 comments:

Anna in IL said...

I can tell that you went to a public university. At my Catholic university, they removed the condoms from our "welcome to college" boxes (also filled with toothpaste, floss, and other necessities) before they distributed them.

Also, I went weeks without seeing my R.A. sometimes. Guess yours had a good way of checking on everyone's whereabouts.

kim-d said...

Hi Katie--I've still been reading, I just haven't commented in a while. You haven't commented lately either and I thought perhaps you did not love me anymore. But I can't not comment because I still love you, and I'm worried about you. I totally respect that there are times you just don't wanna/can't talk about it but, as always, you're on my mind and I'm anxious to know you'll be alright. Take care, and I miss you.

Ann said...

Hi Katie!

Just found your blog and I must say, I've added a link on my own corner of the web (A; So other people can see it too! and B: because I'll forget how to find you if I don't)

Have a great day!

Anna in IL said...

Oh, btw, I think you'll enjoy "Size 12 is Not Fat." It's not going to win any literary awards, but there are lots of funny lines like the one you stumbled upon. (Although, I thought the ending was pretty crazy.)

Have you read anything by Jen Lancaster (such as "Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office")? I really enjoyed her, and you might too.