Coffee

Sunday, February 24, 2008

(before I start, yes, I realize that there's a post before with only the letter t in it. I'm still having some issues with Safari crashing everytime I go to the edit page, so there's nothing I can do about it, but so help me if that post generates more comments than this one, I'm going to give up on y'all.)

Today I had coffee with NOLA, her husband and her absolutely adorable daughter. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous. I'm not always the best first impression person and venturing out of the blogosphere and into real life is new to me. Shh, don't tell her, but I actually ironed my jeans before I left. Who even does that? Apparently, me.

I also didn't drop anything while I was there, which was a monumental task considering I dropped a full carton of eggs at Winn Dixie last week and a jar of mayo at the grocery yesterday and I was carrying iced tea today. It was nothing short of a miracle to be perfectly honest.

Despite my being an anxious moron, it ended up being easy conversation and a nice break from lying around in my pajamas watching tv, which is what I'm doing now, again. Not that I dislike lying around in pajamas, but I watched the entire dvr'ed season of Crowned: The Mother of all Pageants yesterday, and I'm feeling the effects (affects? I don't teach english for a reason) of the brain atrophy.

We chatted about movies (she liked No Country for Old Men, which made for an awkward moment where I had to consider if I really wanted to associate myself with those kind of people, but since her husband didn't, it balanced out and I think the friendship will survive...), television, local New Orleans things, hospitals, family and a whole bunch of other things. It was like...adult interaction. Which around here is rare. Especially since my Fiance is really a teenager, oh, and a eunuch.

Apparently the last time wasn't enough, he once again was able to correctly identify a 90210 character that I couldn't (Brian Austin Green is in a show he watches and I incorrectly identified him as Dylan, he was David). It occurred to me that it's going to be really difficult for us to reproduce with him not having the necessary genitalia.

5 comments:

Nola (www.nolanotes.com) said...

So, what are you doing next Saturday night? Seriously.

the queen said...

Snort! Eunuch.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I wish I was closer - sounds like you had a great time!

Hallie :)

kim-d said...

I am jealous of Nola. I want to have coffee, too! With you and Nola, I mean. DUH.

Slimbolala said...

For what it's worth, ironed jeans are trending upwards. You're on the bleeding edge of fashion. (As for your technical difficulties, try downloading and installing Firefox. It plays much nicer with Blogger than Safari does.)