Welcome home

Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm back in New Orleans. I was greeted first by my loving Fiance, then the cat, who made dough on my throat in the middle of the night, a huge stack of laundry I left for myself to fold, a hospital bill that equals an entire month's pay for me and the first day back at work, wherein a student asked me, in all seriousness, if the doctor had to cut all my hair for the surgery and if that's why it is shorter. Yea, he was super concerned about the split ends hanging down during surgery.

And the fricking stitch still hasn't come out, nor have the two more that are poking out above it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play Mario Galaxy until I drop because I don't feel like unpacking or folding laundry or cleaning or addressing Save the Date cards or paying bills I don't have the money to pay (hell, I don't feel like paying the ones I do have the money to pay). I'm going to enjoy my football prompted minimum day.

Go LSU (but really only because you got me out of work)!

4 comments:

kim-d said...

I'm so glad you're home where you belong!

Anna in IL said...

made dough on your throat?

I don't know if that's a euphemism, or... I just don't know.

Geaux Tigers!

Nola (nolanotes.com) said...

I walk around all day saying "SUPEEER Mario Galaxy" (all italian-style). that game is addictive. Maybe I'll go play now....

Welcome back!

Katie said...

Okay, is the expression "making dough" one of those ones that you think everyone else uses and it's really just your weird family? It refers to the kneading that cats do against a surface. Like kneading bread. It's usually cute, but at 1 in the morning, on one's throat, cute it is not.

Hrm, I might have to do a poll about this one.