Something old, something new

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm home again today, though am just about to leave for physical therapy. I decided to take The Fiance's reasonable suggestion to try a migraine med today since the nausea hasn't fully gone away and neither has the headache and it doesn't seem like quite a "normal" headache for me. And for 30 minutes I was blissfully painfree. It was a miracle. I sang the praises for Axert for 30 minutes.

And then everything started hurting. My arms, my neck, my legs, my HEAD, my chest, my face (I'm sure it was killing you). So I started with headache and stomachache and ended up with headache, stomach ache, arm and leg pain, neck pain and flushed feeling. Yea, that was a freaking bargain. Here Axert, I'll give you a dollar, now you can kick the crap out of me.

But at least I can say I tried it. Next time? Tequila and lime. I hear the headache from that doesn't usually start until the next morning. (Back to the funny tomorrow, I promise.)

4 comments:

the queen said...

I know this is a stupid question, but ... why don't they give oxycontin to headache sufferers? Or morphine? My cubemate has cluster headaches and they give her a variety of steroids and Imitrex. Do pain meds just not work?

Nola (nolanotes.com) said...

Sorry, boo. Axert is my crack. It works every time. But I agree, you did have to try. Rrrr.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I thought you were still funny! Hang in there! :-)

Hallie

lace1070 said...

I am a huge fan of the Tequila ~ just numbs everything up real fast and takes you to that happy place where you can feel the warm tropical breazes and sun on your face! This vid is super funny ~ talks about all the alcohols and who gets along with who ~
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8a7e7b0345

Hugs to you ~ Lace