A picture is worth a thousand words

Monday, January 21, 2008

I came across my MRIs from last February when I was cleaning up my gigantic piles of crap today and I thought maybe you'd be interested in seeing a little of the inside of my brain. These are almost a year old and they were before I was a surgical candidate, so assume that everything managed to get worse in the timeframe between February and November. I took the liberty of adding a few notes, just in case you needed help.

Exhibit 1- I'm pretty sure this is brain genesis...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Exhibit 2- why I don't sleep well at night...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Exhibit 3- The mystery of my right sinuses. Every MRI I've had, dating back to 1997, has shown a complete blockage of my right sinuses. I think it's more of my extra large brain. You decide for yourself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Exhibit 4- Why my left hand sucks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Exhibit 5-And here's my extra brain, pre-decompression, in all it's long glory (if you look very carefully you can see my central canal dilation (aka pre-syrinx)).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I hope you don't use dial up. Or I should say didn't, because I'm sure if you did, your computer would already have died.

5 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

This was awesome!! And I'm so glad you added the WHERE'S MY FACE comment on the first pic! I was wondering if you forgot to share that not only do you have extra brain, but you also happen to have less face!!

Hallie :-)

lace1070 said...

Katie ~ your pictures totally rock ~ love the extra narration on the pics. It is so weird to have those pics of your head ~ I can't look at someone without wondering what their brain looks like underneath there. Brains rule and they are so pretty ~ true story! Hugs to you ~ Lace

kim-d said...

Wow, Katie, you sure did/do have lots extra hanging down there. But I do find it sort of cute--even though I know how very wrong it is--that you have such a snuggly brain. Bless your heart. Or, bless your brain?

Veeeeeerrry interrrrresting...

Nola (www.nolanotes.com) said...

I love that you can see your ideas!

Monkling said...

I especially liked your little, added notes.