Observations from a stationary life

Monday, January 14, 2008

Most of the day thus far has been devoted to lying down and willing my head not to hurt. So far it's going alright, though the threat of a headache is there. And every 15 to 20 minutes I get a little pain, just as a reminder that it's lurking, ready to trash another day at any given moment.

Whilst I was trying to entertain myself in said stationary position, I stumbled across another online quiz, because really, I don't have much to do. It's called the Belief-O-Matic and through a series of questions about your faith ideals and beliefs, it tells you which religion you should belong to. Since I'm currently without religion (but not without faith, I assure you), I thought it might be something worth looking at.

The results (keeping in mind that I was raised, baptized, confirmed, etc as Roman Catholic):

1. Reform Judaism (100%)
2. Orthodox Judaism (88%)
3. Islam (86%)
4. Liberal Quakers (79%)
5. Sikhism (78%)
6. Bahá'í Faith (75%)
7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (70%)
8. Unitarian Universalism (66%)
9. Orthodox Quaker (64%)
10. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (56%)
(in case you wondered, Catholic came up at #23)

I guess I can't say I haven't learned anything from my Jewish Fiance.

Also, completely unrelated, is there really a show devoted to Meter-maids? Are there that many people involved in "Parking Wars?" Sure, I hated the parking patrol when the apartment I lived in was heavily patrolled and I was completely incapable of remembering that I couldn't part on the right side of the street on Tuesdays and the left on Thursdays (what, I only lived there 2 years). I'm fairly sure I paved about 1/3 of the Los Angeles freeways with those 45 dollar tickets (which double in cost ever month you don't pay them, fyi), but I never really gave a crap about the parking people because it was my fault. As it is your fault when you let your meter run out. It's not a difficult concept. Buy a watch, look at the time on the meter, come back later and put more money in.

I think if you leave me here long enough, I might be able to figure out world peace.

2 comments:

Nico said...

bleh. headaches are lame. I would say headaches are a headache, but that's grammatically unsound. hope you feel better soon on that note.

on another note, I tried out the belief-o-matic and got Unitarian Universalism; which I believe is fancy talk for "universal cop-out", which, in turn, is exactly how I like to view things. :)

Asthmagirl said...

I'm not up to having my beliefs scanned today. I did want to thank you for visiting and tell you that I very much enjoyed your blog! Truly delightful!