Mystery Virus 2008

Monday, January 28, 2008

Ugh.

So the fever persisted last night, I went to bed at 9:30, only to be awakened at midnight for about an hour with indigestion (I ate a spicy chicken pizza for dinner) and then slept until I had to get up from work. About 10 minutes after waking up, I took my temperature and was wonderfully surprised to be a nice 97.5* That's absolutely perfect and normal. And all was right in the world. My throat did not hurt, it only burned every so slightly when I peed and I got ready for work.

I made it to about 2 in the afternoon before I realized that I just wasn't feeling well. I have been extra achy all day and my neck and shoulders are remarkably sore, but otherwise, I've just been tired. So when I took my temperature at 4pm, I wasn't really surprised to be staring at 101 degrees again. Except that there appears to be nothing wrong with me.

As of right now, with my currently 100 degree temperature, nothing hurts. Not my throat, not my bladder, nothing. I feel like I've been taken out back and beaten to the point of exhaustion and I have a couple of strange bruises on my legs that could corroborate that theory (any chance I could pretend like the huge outbreak of zits is from that same fictional brawl?). However, I am completely stumped.

What the hell is wrong with me? How can you be sick, but not really be sick? I don't know what to do with myself. My illnesses have always come with loads of definable symptoms and not always simple but definitely discoverable treatments. I googled my symptoms and of course all it came up with was Leukemia which is way too serious to joke about other than the fact that I'm certain I did not come down with Leukemia last night. So someone, point me in the right direction.

As of now my symptoms are:
Fever- but apparently only in the afternoon and evening (which I should add is pretty unusual. I can feel crummy at 10 at night and still be 97.6 degrees. Fevers are not normal). Ranges from 99 degrees to 101 degrees at any given time.
Sore neck- pretty attributable to the brain surgery two months ago (yesterday)
Fatigue- would go to sleep for the night now if I could get away with it.

And that's pretty much it. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

7 comments:

Monkling said...

Here's my stab - it was the pizza. I'm sorry but as a person of Italian ancestry who makes her own pizza, I can tell ya, it is just not right to put spicy chicken on a pizza. Well at least you didn't have pineapple on it. I can't even imagine how sick you'd be, then!

Nola (www.nolanotes.com) said...

I'd guess strep throat. It's been going around. Plus the spicy chicken.

Hope you feel better!

Anna in IL said...

thyroid

That's what WebMD always tells me. I'm pretty sure if a bone was sticking out of my leg, it would still recommend that I have my "thyroid levels evaluated by (my) health care professional."

Ashley said...

Well... I know from your caringbridge site that you are prone (more than most) to kidney infections... I had a kidney infection a few months ago, and mine started with only a fever, headache and fatigue... the back pain didn't start until days later (at which point I went to the doctor) So I wouldn't necessarily rule out a kidney infection...

PS... I now sympathize with your posts on how damn painful they are... and Cipro (all 14 days of it) just sucks...

~~Silk said...

Meningitis. See http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/meningitis-symptoms

brneyedgal967 said...

I have NOOOOO idea. Of my immediate family members, 3 of them are nurses, one of them is a doctor. For the amount they are PROficient in medicine, I am DEficient. My medical aptitude is quantified in the negatives. I have high blood pressure and can't even tell you what systolic or dystolic means. I don't think I even spelled dystolic right.

I am an idiot savant when it comes to medicine - minus the savant part.

Hope you get to feeling better.

-Tammy
http://thecolorofhome.blogspot.com

PC said...

Praying for you gallie(well that is not even a word but sounds cool). Sorry I have been by and signed in..been a bit rough here. But have been praying for you.