delurking- contest style

Thursday, January 10, 2008

It turns out that today is National Delurking Day. Trust me, wander around blogs and you'll see that I am in fact, not making this up.

So if you've never signed the comments, today is your day. And if you sign them all the time, well, it's your day too.

Since October 1st I have had:

805 New Yorkers
789 Minnesotians
406 Californians
394 Louisianians (and only like half of those are my own visits)
389 North Carolinians
373 Illinois-ians

And while I could go list all 46 states and their visitor count (except New Mexico, New Hampshire, Vermont and whatever state is right above Utah and Colorado, as they have been black-listing me, probably for my excess of wittiness), I know I can't think of enough people to account for these statistics, so how about you sign the comments and get yourself recognized. I'll even make it worth your while with a little contest.

Since today is payday, I'm going to offer a donation to a state specific charity to whichever state has the most people delurking today (January 10th) through tomorrow (January 11th). So go sign. No, you don't have to list a real name, you can sign in anonymously, just make sure you leave the state you live in so I can keep a tally.

Let's try. It could be fun. For me, at least.

23 comments:

Anna in IL said...

ILL - INI!

1 vote for Illinois.

the queen said...

MO representin' in the house

(But - didnt we just have National de-lurking day?)

Anonymous said...

I'm in SC!!!!

The Ex said...

California! Represent!

~~Silk said...

NY, although my broadband connection shows up as from hither, thither, and yon.

Maxie said...

WV- Woo!

tamthenurse said...

I found your caringbridge site over a year and and followed you here to your new blog and I always enjoy your recaps ! Massachusetts here !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,

I sign in every so often, you know I'm from NC!

Sherri in NC

Anonymous said...

IL, here! Well, my name is not IL, I am from IL. Okay, not funny, I know. Having a rough day. This being delurking day; I sure would love it if anyone would like to mosey on over to my site and delurk (well read and comment since if you have never visited than you can't be delurking). Okay, I am making no sense. Like I said, BAD DAY. I am angry at the world, or at least part of it. Unfortunately, the part of the world I am deeply saddend by is LA/MS border. Sorry, Katie, it has nothing to do with you. However, I would love it if you would stop by my site too. Can I sign more than once and get points for IL? Is that legal? Nonetheless, I hope today has been a better day for you. You deserve wonderful things. All the best, kiddo. Love from IL (in case your missed it the first time). Jodi

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jodi1

Lanny said...

Not exactly delurking, but dropping in to say hi from AL.

Ashley said...

ON.... Ontario, Canada :)

I also found the CB site over a year ago (linked on Kimberley's site) and followed it to this blog.

I hope the hand strength figures itself out soon... I know you mentioned it could be still swollen, could the spitting stiches be causing swelling or irritating part of the brain?

PS ... you mention states, how many Canadians visit your site (just curious :) )

Elsa said...

Since this is my first visit here, I'm not really de-lurking. But I'm here, all the way from Maine.

kim-d said...

Minnesota. But you already knew that :).

Anonymous said...

St. Louis, MO here.

I think I may have commented b4 but not sure.

Robbin

Daisy Duke said...

Another vote for Illinois!

Anonymous said...

IL here!

Kelly said...

Hello from West Chester, PA :)

Anonymous said...

Hello from Michigan!!

zkmama said...

MN checkin in

FerFur said...

I'm from either Falls Church, Virginia (5 miles from Washington, D.C.) or Roanoke, Virginia (close to Virginia Tech OR in my opinion middle of nowhere Virginia) depending where I am at that given time.

Little red said...

Greetings from Georgia!! I was just intrigued to see who "Overflowing Brain" was!! haha~hope you get tons of lurkers to "come out"......:)

PontchartrainPete said...

So many yankees...brrrrrrr
Louisiana here!

Kate said...

I'm not sure if I've ever commented before! I've read a few posts linked from 20 somethings..

Anyway, I'm not much use in the competition, as I'm from NZ...