Blogging by number

Friday, January 25, 2008

1. First of all, you guys suck. No really, because I droned on last night ad nauseam about how much you all mean to me and since then I've had 200 people (not including my own visits) read here and I had precisely THREE people comment. Don't get me wrong, I love those three people (Hi Monk, hi NOLA (coffee would be awesome), Hi Kim!), but seriously, I confess to being a comment whore and now you're not putting out? That's just not okay.

B. The Psychiatrist turned out to be a lot better than I anticipated. I will be the first to admit that I went in there with low expectations (or I guess high expectations of failure to be more accurate) and the first few minutes where I waited in the hallway outside her office while she ate "lunch" (at 4 pm) were a little less than awesome, but it turns out that it wasn't as horrible as I had imagined. She said that the medication I'm on is "perfectly reasonable" and that there was no reason to go off of it. Ha, eat that primary care physician. I have to go back in 2 months, but she's not forcing me into therapy and she gave me mah pills so that's fine and dandy by me.

III. The first real night of Mardi Gras parades got cancelled. Well, not entirely, one of the parades that rolls on our route actually did it's thing, but did so in the freezing-ass-cold rain and we didn't go. There are at least 4 tomorrow on our route, so hopefully we'll get to see those.

Four. I have accidentally begun the transition from Katie to Kathryn. I did not intend necessarily to do this, though the Fiance insists that Kathryn sounds better with his last name, but now I'm getting it at physical therapy, my night classes and my shrink because I've stopped correcting people. I don't really respond to it as quickly as I do Katie since I've never gone by Kathryn a day in my life (minus all the times I got yelled at as a kid), but I guess it's not a bad thing. Does this mean I'm all grown up now?

Cinco. I've been trying not to tell this joke since Wednesday, but whenever my anatomy lab instructor started talking about the dissected cat's "rectum" I was literally compelled from somewhere deep in my soul to quietly say to myself and my lab parter "damn near killed 'em." And it makes me laugh every time I think about it.

10 comments:

Monkling said...

I want to hear more about all that Mardi Gras stuff. I'd throw a little Mardi Gras party here except for 2 problems: 1) the weekend closest to it is the Super Bowl so everyone's busy and 2)after having house guests for 16 days, I'm sorta sick of the idea of company.

Are you talking anatomy lab re: the cat? Do they still do that thing with injecting the veins & arteries with latex. We used to have fun with that. Used them as rubber bands.

Jackietex said...

Okay, your joke cracked me up! That's good news about your meds. Reminds me of a time about a year and a half or so ago when Paxil XR was very difficult to come by and when I went to my pharmacy (on a Friday) to pick up my prescription they told me I was out of luck. I nearly ripped the tech's throat our. How can you have that attitude about an addictive medication? Fortunately they were convinced to give me something for the weekend until they could speak to my doctor. Ugh!

Scarlett Wanna Be said...

I know, I feel like such a tease. I hate reading peoples comments and not being able to comment back...it is a crazy work schedule thing, but I promise that I will do my best to be a slut when it comes to responding.

PS- I am all about name changes. I tried to change my name to Andrew when I was little but no one would let me...butt holes!

PPS- Thanks for stopping by and saying "howdy". I love new blog friends!

Sherri said...

Hi Katie,

I'm sorry that I suck. Wait, I don't, because I AM commenting. And I know exactly which joke you're talking about, I think I would have done the same thing you did and muttered that phrase too! Glad to hear that your visit with the psychiatrist went well and you got what you needed.

Hope the headaches are better!

Sherri in NC

kim-d said...

Yeah, well, here's the deal. To me, you're Katie and you will always be Katie. Anybody else that wants to call you Kathryn can. But I'm still calling you Katie. Or Suzie. Nah, just Katie :).

Great minds think alike; as soon as I saw "rectum" I started laughing because, in my mind, "damn near killed 'em" ALWAYS follows!!! Laughing again right now.

And listening to "Boot Scootin' Boogie" and doing a really attractive little chair dance. Good thing it's Saturday and not many people work today. HA!

lace1070 said...

Hey ~ you ~ love your blog ~ love your brutal honesty ~ life isn't always pretty and if you keep it real you can count on my to check in from time to time. Also ~ about your blog counter ~ you can set up your blog counter to not count you when you log on ~ if you don't want to pad your counter! How's your head holding up lately? Hugs to you ~ Lace

PS ~ if you ever need to blog about being found by your employer ~ u can use this pic ~ I just love it ~ http://www.floridadude.com/ShitCreekPaddleStore.jpg

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Stop using the nickname SHMOOPY? Why would you ever suggest such a crazy thing?

I TOTALLY expect his wedding invitations to say Mr. and Mrs. Shmoopy!!

Hallie :)

Anna in IL said...

If I have a note from my doctor, will you mark me as "excused?"

Marriage-101 said...

I'm here! I'm here! I just don't always comment :( Sorry! But I'm here!

Nola (www.nolanotes.com) said...

Wow! Look at all these comments! Good for you. LOVE the joke. Not sure when I'll get to use it, though. Are you opposed to having coffee with a mom and a baby?