Different sort of hoopla

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Okay, so my insurance does technically cover some psychiatry, but one must jump through multiple hoops. They are as follows:

1. Prepare your self-esteem to be depreciated, but it's going to happen.

2. Look in big insurance book for page of "mental disorders." Find that you must call a company, who we will call the Crazy Providers.

3. Call the Crazy Providers.

4. Get name of several approved psychiatrists in the area.

5. Call one of said psychiatrists to make an appointment.

6. Call BACK the Crazy Providers so that they can file a claim to see if I will be allowed to see the psychiatrist that they gave me the contact information for.

7. Wait and see if approved.

8. If approved, go to psychiatrist. If denied, lie in bed and wallow hopelessly at the idea of being drugless.

So far I'm up to step 4, though I've gone through step 1 four or five times. Maybe it's just me, but having to jump through all these hoops to see a psychiatrist is a little bizarre considering that I was able to make an appointment with a neurosurgeon in less than 2 minutes. The logic, oh, is it ever overwhelming.


Oh and the snot? It's pouring down my throat with a new voracity. I really am having a hard time controlling my excitement about getting on not one, but two airplanes tomorrow. Shoot me now.

0 comments: