Phuck Fysics

Sunday, November 18, 2007

So that whole bit about studying all day today turned out to be a little more like, lie in bed all day, take a lot of anxiety medication, eat a lot of cookies, read a lot of webpages and otherwise not move. I did, very briefly, look in the general direction of my physics book, but that was pretty much the extent of it. I only need to make a 50% on it to get an A in the class and I can get a -10% and get a B in the class, so I'm going to categorize my concern about this test as pretty damn low, much like my desire to do anything that involves being vertical today.

Who needs physics when you can sit around all day and wallow in the anxiety of the fact that I'M HAVING BRAIN SURGERY IN 9 DAYS.

Obviously the copious amounts of anxiety meds are doing their job. At least the muscle twitches stopped with all the tranquilizing.

P.S. I'd like to also issue a formal thank you to Vh1 for airing two days of full seasons of America's Next Top Model. I cannot tell you how you've helped facilitate my procrastination. Bless you former music channel, bless you.

2 comments:

the queen said...

Hopefully, your brain will be all better in 10 days.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure where to post this, Katie, so here I go. First, I want to tell you how amazing you are. You are going to do great! Your surgery will be a huge success and you will be one of those who everyone says, "How did you recover so quickly?" You will be back at work before you know it and feeling great.

My question for you is this....when did you find out about Chari (did I spell that right)? Prior to the MRI that disclosed the disease had you ever had an MRI of the brain? I have has several MRI's of the brain, nothing in about 5 years. In those 5 years my chronic daily migraines have worsened with additional symptoms; numbness, joint pain, numbness, pins and needles and many other symptoms. If I had something like that wouldn't it had showed up five or six years ago? Unfortunately, I can't have another MRI unless my pacemaker is removed so if it's possible for it to develop later in life, I am not sure I would know. Any suggestions?

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

I will continue to enjoy your updates and your countdown. DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF. You are brave and strong.

Will someone update while you are inpatient (by the way how many days will you be in the hospital)? Have you talked to the doctor about the pros/cons of a PCA pump?


http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jodi1