Jewelry Heist

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

So, I wear a medical alert bracelet, because, who knew? I have a few health problems and my work requires it (well, not requires, but suggests in as much as, if you die here from an allergy or pre-existing condition, we're going to tell your family that it's your own fault). So, I wear one. I paid a small fortune for one last year (a nice one, too) and then I left it at the beach when I was falling down a lot...I mean playing beach volleyball.

I bought a new one in August and literally between then and this weekend, have not taken it off once. And then I was informed that no jewelry was to be worn in the wedding besides that which was given to us. So off came the bracelet. I carefully secured it in my makeup bag and that was the last time it was seen.

So now I have to get another one. Only, I need it as soon as is humanly possible, like, say, before I enter a hospital environment. So I go online and buy one, not the cheapest one because, let's face it, a girl's gotta have some glamour somewhere. And then since I need it soon, I have to rush it. Well, there's 15 more bucks on top of the already exorbitant price of a small silver sterling bracelet. And apparently rushing it does not actually include getting it here faster, so I have to pay expedited shipping. I don't even want to talk about how much that added to the total. But, one is on it's way and should be here by Monday before I leave for California on Tuesday. Holy hell.

And while losing my medical alert bracelet twice is stupid, it's still much less stupid than trying to kill a bug by hitting it so that you smushed it between your hand and crotch at a high velocity. Especially if you have external genetalia. Not that I'm saying that anyone in this house did that today, but if he did, it would have been much more stupid than losing a small bracelet. Just sayin'

3 comments:

kim-d said...

Well, there goes the future family. I'M just sayin'...

Hehehe...

And you do realize, don't you, that as soon as your exhorbitantly expensively expedited medic alert bracelet arrives at your abode, you WILL find the lost one?

But I'm thinking that will be okay because at the rate you lose these things, you maybe should have a spare anyway. Again, just sayin'...

Jewels of all types just are not safe around you and He Who Has External Genitalia. I fear for your wedding jewels.... :).

I'm thinking about ya and already saying an extra prayer or two...

Anonymous said...

Your a better person than I am, Katie. I have been told for OVER two years to get a medical ID bracelet. AND, I don't want one of those FUGLY ones from Walgreens (that I made my grandfather wear when he was alive). Now especially, since getting a pacemaker, the ID bracelet is even more important.

So, where can I get one of those exhorbinantly, expensive, medical bracelets; before my next doctor's appoints (so I guess that means expedited too)?

Jodi

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jodi1

Monkling said...

I say forget the bracelet and just get a tattoo. Just where that tattoo would be placed.... well I'd tell you to consult your bug swatter but maybe not.