7 most embarrassing moments

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

One week! Ahhhh

7. When I rapped Eminem's "Lose Yourself" at a karaoke bar in Athens, Greece. Or at least I assume it was embarrassing, frankly I don't remember doing it, but I've seen the video. Yikes.

6. When I was in 4th grade an I wore a pair of thin yellow pants that you could see through to my days of the week underwear. And I was wearing a pair that said Thursday when it was really only Monday.

5. Today at work when I had to get up in front of the whole faculty and student body to be prayed for. Don't get me wrong, the sentiment was lovely, I was embarrassed because the skirt I put on this morning had a slit, which ripped up about 6 inches so that it was crotch level and I had tried to close it with about 10 bobby pins, but I still looked like a stripper. In front of my whole work. Oh and she mispronounced my name again. Not good.

4. When my mom and I forgot to change our clocks back and walked loudly into church an hour late, and thinking that everyoone was being quiet because, you know it's a church and not because it was immediately after communion, we kept on talking until the person next to us was kind enough to point out the time change.

3. When I told my friends Dad last weekend (after too much champagne at his daughter's dry wedding) that I would tell the "pirates to fly safely" on the plane the next day. Oops.

2. When I walked up and kicked who I thought was my sister in the back of the knee at a restaurant. Turns out, it wasn't my sister. Double oops.

1. My sophomore year in high school I got caught passing notes in class, which wouldn't have been such a big deal but see, the teacher that we had's wife had had a baby about 2 months earlier and it then died of sudden infant death syndrome. It was horrible. He had a picture on his desk of his older son holding the baby the day before it died and I passed a note to my friend telling her how sad it was and how I didn't know how he was holding his life together and he picked it up and read it, thankfully not to the class. I have never been so mortified ever. (And then my senior year of high school the same teacher's wife died of breast cancer. He had a very difficult life and not a day goes by that I don't wish he'd never seen my note.)

1 comments:

the queen said...

Oh, come on. Now if the note had said "That dead baby is so UGLY" then that would be embarrassing.