The Verdict...

Monday, October 1, 2007

Well, the neurologist really didn't know, which is not a surprise considering that I'm literally the first Chiari patient he's seen. He said that the MRI wasn't remarkable in that it doesn't scream that I need surgery, but the increasing neurological problems indicate that it's really the only option and is probably a necessity. As to when it will happen and at who's hand, I cannot begin to say. I have referrals to 2 different neurosurgeons, so hopefully one of them will be competent. One I've seen before and he's a class A jackass, but he's supposedly the best in the state, so again, we'll see.

So the verdict is...we're right where we started and we don't have a timeline for new information yet. But at least no one to my knowledge, other than my mother, thinks that I'm faking the problems anymore!

2 comments:

www.nolanotes.com said...

Well, dang. Not really the news we were wanting to hear. Hope you find a doctor you feel you can really but your confidence in!

lace1070 said...

Hi ~ I am a fellow Chiarian who was diagnosed a year ago ~ do as much research as you can ~ seek doctors who understand Chiari and will listen to you! If you can, get an appointment at The Chiari Institute in NY ~ http://www.northshorelij.com/body.cfm?ID=6407

I have a blog to document my journey with my brain tail ~ check it out if you want ~ I have some helpful Chiari links, too ~ Lacie
http://livelovelaugh-lace1013.blogspot.com/