I'm an aunt!

Friday, October 19, 2007

So technically I'm not an aunt, but I will be in June once we're married. The Fiance's sister had the baby this afternoon. She weighs 7lb 5oz and was delivered via c-section after more than 24 hours of labor. I won't get into the details of the labor stuff because there is familial drama here that is too crazy to even begin to tap into, but she dealt with more than 24 hours of labor, Pitocin, an allergic reaction to Pitocin, antibiotics, an allergic reaction to antibiotics, a crazy mother, a fever, and then a c-section.

And all she has to show from it is a beautiful baby girl :)


Oh and I hit a car today. Oopsies.

3 comments:

Anna in IL said...

Katie, I'm saying this with love...

Have you considered public transportation?

My gosh you have rotten driving luck! So sorry. Hopefully it was more of a "rub/scratch" than an actual hit. And yes, I do think you should mention it to your doctor(s).

Lanny said...

Congrats Aunt Katie! :)

I hope you weren't hurt in your oopsie!

kim-d said...

Oopsies???? BWAHAHAHA! Man, you are cracking me up lately (when not talking of Da Brain or The Sister...hehehe). I went through a couple of years from about 18-20 when I was having frequent oopsies. The man who used to be called Dad finally told me "clearly, you need to get your head out of your ass when you're driving." Good advice. I would agree with Anna about the public transportation, but I'm a little afraid once you started riding, the whole darn bus would have an oopsie! I also left you a comment answering your comment at my place, because I know you have nothing better to do than monitor my comments. HAHAHA!