All about...him

Sunday, October 7, 2007

I got this Meme from Marriage-101 and I really really liked it. Especially after the wedding I went to last night, it just made me realize how very much I love him, and that since we're getting married in 8 months (eee!) maybe you should know a little more (vastly non-personal) information about him. :)

1. Who is your man? The Fiance.

2. How long have you been together? 3 years and 3 months (minus 2 days).

3. How long did you date? (before getting engaged) 2 years 6 months and 2 days

4. How old is your man? 25

5. Who eats more? He eats more meal food, I eat a lot more crap.

6. Who said I love you first? I did, but it's a story he loves. About a week and a half into our relationship we were in the car and he said "I love you too." And I, in a very Katie-like moment, flipped out because I thought that he had thought that I said "I love you" which I had not. In fact, I had made a vow that I would not say it until well into a relationship, because several times before, my significant other had said it very early on and it made me uncomfortable. So when he said it I rambled on uncontrollably for a few minutes about how it's too early and I wasn't ready and other really terrible things. And after a minute or two of this, he looked at me, both bewildered and amused and said, "no, I meant the song. I love the group U2." And then I felt like an ass and was forced to be the first to say it because he was afraid of my reaction to it when he really said it. I think it was about 6 months into dating that I said it and he reciprocated.

7. Who is taller? He is, by about 5 inches. Unless you look at my driver's license, then he's only 4 inches taller.

8. Who sings better? That's a toss up. He won't ever admit to it, but he's a great singer. I'm not saying I'm a great singer, but I have an incredible ability to match pitch and memorize song lyrics, so sometimes it sounds like I'm a really good singer.

9. Who is smarter? He is, and if he worked to his full potential, he'd be dangerous.

10. Whose temper is worse? Tough call. We fight and argue very very differently but we're both pretty short tempered about certain things. As a rule he doesn't like to argue, he does however happen to be the mayor of Passive-Aggressiveland.

11. Who does the laundry? Both of us, though I'm trying to explain to him that it really wouldn't take any more effort to throw in two little dryer sheets into the dryer before drying them. TWO LITTLE SHEETS.

12. Who takes out the trash? He does, unless there are cockroaches in it.

13. Who pays the bills? He does, I pay him and he pays the bill people.

14. Who is better with the computer? Another really tough call. I've had a lot of computer trouble in my life so I have a lot of knowledge about that, but he's also a tech-dork and reads a lot about it. I'd rather do the whole figure-it-out-on-my-own and he'll read the whole manual before opening the box. We're different kinds of good with the computers.

15. Who mows the lawn? Our landlord.

16. Who cooks dinner? Me. Sadly, the only things he knows how to cook are eggs, which I'm allergic to, so I cook, which I actually really like most of the time.

17. Who drives when you are together? We split the driving, but he doesn't like to drive or ride in my car because it's a mess.

18. Who is the most stubborn? This goes back to the arguing topic. It's really a toss up, I'm stupidly stubborn about daily things, he's profoundly stubborn about other things. Too close to call.

19. Whose parents do you like the most? Mine, because his mother is bat-shit crazy.

20. Who kissed who first? He kissed me. We had just finished eating Islands after watching a movie at a little shopping center in Pasadena. I kept singing this really annoying camp song and he said leaned over and kissed me in a cute attempt to get the song out of my head. It was very cute and very romantic.

21. Who asked out who? He asked me. We spent a whole night talking to (he was the EMT, I had broken my ankle and I was waiting for someone to pick me up) and then he called to check up on me the next day, then we started carpooling, and then he casually mentioned that we should go see Shrek 2 since we were working with kids. And that was our first date :)

22. Who proposed? He did...twice. And both times were very very romantic surprises.

23. Who has more friends? We both have friends in our occupational spheres and we share some mutual friends, but neither of us are those people who have big herds of friends. But we have each other. I'd rather hang out with him any day than with a big group of friends.

24. Who has more siblings? Strictly speaking he does. He has 2 brothers and 2 sisters, but half are adopted. I have one sister and 4 step sisters, so I have more volume, but his are more closely related. :)


And now I'm going to go kick his ass at racquetball. (ed. note: I decided instead to let him win. I'm so nice like that.)

1 comments:

kim-d said...

Awww, this was a fun one! Although I've seen his pic and know his real name--from the days prior to his identity-on-the-internet-paranoia (which, by the way, is probably a very valid paranoia)--but I knew nothing else about him. Which was fine because I DID know all I really NEEDED to know--that you love him. You NEVER go wrong when you marry your best friend, and then stay best friends!

I also love U2...HAHAHA!