Rebuilding...my car

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I have never supported anything quite like I've tried to support the rebuilding of New Orleans. I am so excited for all the new things opening up and the city coming back to life. God knows I'm giving my money to people here (quite happily...until I run out of it) and I try to be a part of the culture. I'm loving this place and everything coming back to life.

Except for the streetcars. Look, it's not that I don't think they'll be awesome, because I do, especially since I live very close to a stop. However, the number of accidents I'm going to be involved in with them is just going to be astronomical. I have been driving here for over a year without ever thinking twice about traffic ON the neutral ground, and all I can say is, I hope the driver of the street car has good reflexes, new breaks and a clean pair of underwear somewhere.

Oh and this? I don't even want to talk about it.

2 comments:

kim said...

Katie, you've got to think positive re the streetcars, or else you might have a self-fulfilling prophecy. HA! At least if you crash with one of them, you are close to the stop so you can use it when you're waiting for your car to be repaired. Maybe? You'll be fine!

Daisy Duke said...

In my four years in New Orleans, living on a corner of St. Charles I never once came close to squishing or being squished by a street car. They rumble along pretty slowly....my Mom on the other hand was convinced that even when one was stopped a mile down the line we were in immediate danger of a horrible and deathly collision. So, to each his own.