My socks? Considered them knocked off.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Today was a mediocre day by all standards, until I got home from work (at around 8pm).

I walked in the front door and smelled the delicious smells of someone cooking me dinner, and it was, by the way, was probably the best stir fry I've ever had. And then I noticed this HUGE box. See (note, this was taken with my camera, and I may have moved when I took it...)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And I never get packages. My roomate gets them constantly and I didn't even hardly stop to read it, except that I figured that if it belonged to someone else it wouldn't be sitting there anymore. AND I realized that it was from 1800flowers, and a small part of me yearned for it to have my name on it. And wouldn't you know it, it was addressed to ME. So I opened them...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And while he finished cooking I got them in a vase. All 12 of them with their beautiful loooooong stems...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Aside from the color distortion, aren't those just the purtiest flowers you've seen in a while? They smell heavenly and they're lighting up the room as I type this (and I'll see if I can't get a picture with a real camera soon).

And you may be thinking, Katie, why did he cook you dinner and buy you flowers? Not to worry, because I asked the same thing, because I did not remember. Last February The Fiance said that he wouldn't buy me flowers for Valentine's day, due to the price and lack of originality. I said something to the effect of, well, you should send me some 6 month later because I love roses. And well, today? It's August 14th.

You knock my socks off. Happy Un-Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Anna in IL said...

Wow. Does he give lessons?

kim said...

Awww...marry this guy! I just couldn't be happier for you, Katie! Tell him "good job" from me! Oh, you two are going to have such a fun life...really, and I can't think of anyone more deserving! Love ya lots, kiddo!