A case of the Tuesdays.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I hate Tuesdays. There, I said it. I really just cannot stand Tuesdays, unless I'm on vacation. And then I love them for the exact same reasons that I hate them the rest of the time.

First, you're exhausted, because you were tired Monday from getting up early and then you had to get up early again. It's always more difficult to get up the second morning than the first, that's like a law, perhaps of physics, maybe it's chemistry. Probably chemistry.

Second, which is a similar point, but is not to be confused with point 1, you're not at all refreshed on Tuesdays. On Mondays you get up at the butt crack of dawn, but at the same time, you've just had 2 days of rest, on Tuesday, you get up and you've had no rest. Okay, so maybe that's the exact same point as point number one, but it's still important. Never underestimate the power of being rested.

Third, you wake up exhausted on Tuesday to the realization that there will be no rest, until FRIDAY. Which is still 4 full days ahead. It's like all hope that the week will ever end is gone because you're tired, usually grumpy (maybe that's just me) and you still have at least 3 1/2 days to navigate through. Tuesdays are an abyss of happiness. They're where happiness goes to die.

And if all of the other incredibly distinct and carefully articulated reasons weren't enough, starting a week from today, I have a lab every TUESDAY from 6-8:15pm. That's of course after work until 3:45 and after coaching sports until 5:59ish. Yes, I hate the Tuesdays almost as much as I hate the fact that as soon as I hit "publish post" I have to get back in my car and drive back to work.

Did I mention I hate Tuesdays? Because I do.

(and by the by, this is my 100th post! Woo hoo! It almost made my Tuesday a little better. Almost)

1 comments:

kim said...

Yeah, I hate Tuesdays, too. Because every Tuesday is my Monday. BAH! Enough said.

But me being me, I'll say more. The only good Tuesday is a Tuesday that I have off from work. Then Wednesday sucks.

What's the answer? Ahhh, that is THE question...