50 things.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

My head hurts still and I'm tired of continuing to talk about it, so I'm posting one of those "filler" blogs where I just answer 50 questions I stole from someone else's blog. Read on if you so desire. You can even tag yourself and fill it out if you want. Knock yourself out.

1. What year was the best year of your life? Probably 2007. Most of it, so far, has been pretty rockin'
2. One animal or insect that Noah should have left off the ark? Cockroaches
3. Do you make a wish before blowing out your birthday candles? Yes.
4. Do you generally open your bills on the day that you receive them? Whoa, you get paper mail?
5. How many pillows are on your bed? Four.
6. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate chip, though to be honest, I'd rather just have a cookie. Or some cake.
7. What is the most dominate color in your wardrobe? Black
8. Have you ever seen a ghost? Um, no. And I don't believe in them either, so perhaps that's why.
9. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus? I guess a carnival. Both of them make me kind of nervous. I'm always afraid I'm going to watch someone die in one of those shows. How about a Carnival cruise?
10. Favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Dinner.
11. Your favorite fictional animal? The Smurfs (smurves?). Wait, are they animals?
12. Have you ever flown first-class? Nope. I've also never flown unmedicated.
13. Would you go on a reality show? Probably not. It would depend upon how much money and humiliation were involved.
14. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future? I'm an optimistic realist.
15. Pancakes or waffles? Either, but neither with maple syrup.
16. If you could own a home anywhere in the world, where would it be? By the ocean.
17. Your favorite Soup of the Day? Tomato Basil from The Corner Bakery. In the bread bowl. Oh mama.
18. What site is a must see for all visitors to your city? The French Quarter is the biggest tourist area, but the Zoo, the Aquarium, the really good sno ball place on Tchoupitoulas and the mall with the Ann Taylor by the river are all also hits.
19. Can you recommend a good restaurant in your city? Can I ever! Fancy brunch- The Palace Cafe or Brennan's. Fancy dinner- Upperline, Le Crepe Nanou or Commanders Palace. Regular food- Felix's Oyster Bar, Crabby Jacks and Felipes, which I think is a chain, but is still really good.
20. You go to the zoo; What is the one animal that you want to see? I like the small cute animals. Koalas. Penguins. Sea Otters. And any baby of any species. Anything I could snuggle with at night in bed.
21. Potatoes, rice, or pasta? All of them. I like mah carbs.
22. What is the best movie that you’ve seen this year? While I know this will be unpopular, I really liked the latest Harry Potter. And yes, I've read the books too, I still liked it. And I haven't seen very many movies this year.
23. One of your favorite books when you were a child? Babysitter's Little Sister series. Did I really just admit that?
24. What in your life are you most grateful for? The Fiance.
25. You are home alone and use the bathroom; do you close the door? Nope, but it's rare that I'm home alone.
26. What is your favorite small appliance? Is the Kitchen Aid considered small? because I have two of them and I love them like a fat kid (or me) loves cake.
27. Salty snacks or sweet treats? Sweet, though you can't lose with a combo either
28. Are you usually a little early, a little late, or right on time? I seem to be able to be really early or a little late, never on time.
29. What is the most daring thing that you have ever done? Fall in love.
30. Have you ever met someone famous? Several, but due to a confidentiality clause in my contracts I actually can't say most of them. I did meet Ray Romano at LAX due my listening to someone else's phone conversation and accidentally interrupting it and he happened to be on the other end of the line. It's a long and fairly embarrassing story.
31. What was one of your favorite movies as a child? The Last Unicorn. I don't know if this movie still exists, but as a child I insisted upon renting it all the time and I promised my mom each time I wouldn't cry at the end, especially since the end was actually happy and yet everytime I bawled like a baby.
32. At what age have you looked your best? 4ish...
33. One person that never fails to make you laugh? Matthew Perry.
34. What was the first music that you ever bought? Um, Boyz 2 Men.
35. If you could change one thing about your family life when you were a child, what would it be? It'd be awesome if my parents hadn't divorced, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be happy. I guess I'd probably just go back and beat the shit out of my sister once so that she wouldn't torment me for the rest of my life. I'm a pacifist like that.
36. What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments? Cheesecake.
37. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news? cnn.com
38. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them? Not including family and a whole bunch of 6 year old girls (at camp, get your mind out of the gutter you freaking perverts) just one. Well, 2 if you count the cat, but I think she's family.
39. Who recieved your first kiss? My first boyfriend, his name was Matt. I think.
40. The single most important quality in a mate? This is difficult. Humor? Understanding? Compassion? That's 3, so I guess I don't really know. I've never seen it as one single quality, he's always had the whole package of good qualities.
41. What do you value most in a relationship? Communication (The Fiance loves it too...heh). But seriously, I think the ability to share anything with someone and know that you won't be laughed at, or judged or mistreated for it.
42. Do you believe that you have a soulmate? If yes, have you already met? I would like to think that there is and that I'm sitting right next to him right now.
43. Do you consider yourself well organized? Obsessively compulsively so. Note, however, the difference between organized and clean, because they are quite different.
44. On average, how many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? Everytime I go to the bathroom, which varies from like 5 to 35 times a day, depending upon the state of my urinary tract at the time.
45. Did you ever make a prank phone call? Yep.
46. What one quality do you seek in a friend? Trust.
47. Have you ever killed an animal? I've caught fish, but I've never killed a mammal that I'm aware of.
48. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? Hrm, I think a doctor, but that may have been my "actress" phase (you know you all went through it).
49. Do you believe in a afterlife? Yep.
50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life? I would like to have a family, find a career that makes me happy, resolve a lot of personal chaos, to find a balance in my life where I can sit down after a long day and relax and not have a billion things screaming through my head. I'd like to do something that no one else has done, and I'd like to make at least one person's life better for my existence. Nothing major though.

1 comments:

kim said...

Well, as for #50, you've already accomplished making THIS person's life better for your existence. Really. I am so glad I "know" you and that you continue to hang in with me despite all of my mid-life crises and angst. Your caring and insight truly do help me to regain my equilibrium! You do for me the most important thing (to me) that friends do for each other; you're there when I need you most. Can't even begin to tell you how much that means, but I'll just let you know by trying to do the same for you. As long as I'm around, always know you have a friend.

Also, even though you called it a filler, I love those "50 Things About Me" deals. I love learning fun little factoids that just don't come up in "everyday" conversation. Makes me know that, should we ever meet, we could go consume mass quantities of carbs together. And wash them down with some cake! Hehehe.

Have a great weekend, and say "hi" to The Mr. for me.