Feeling a little insanity creeping in...

Monday, July 16, 2007

Okay, so this is the 4th consecutive day of headache this go around and I'm starting to lose my mind a little more each day (hard to say if it's the headache or the medications). I'm starting to have a hard time remembering things and everything is just shooting into my brain in non-sequitor existential monologues.

Have you ever wondered how much time people put into acronyms? Like, the Head Impact Transomethingorother System. Did they name it that because that's what they wanted to call it, or is it because they wanted it to have the acronym of HITS? I love how the acronyms are always appropriate to the function/area the product is used for. Although, I'm not sure where SCUBA comes from or who decided that that one made sense.

I am going bridesmaid's dress shopping tomorrow and I think I'd rather pick all the hair off my arms before I actually go on this shopping mission. It could be because I absolutely no idea what I want in a bridesmaid's dress or it could be because I'm going with 2 of the most high maintenance people on the face of the earth. But either way we're going to 2 different stores, and it baffles me that I had to make appointments at both of them. I'm one of those people who doesn't like to be harrassed while I shop, I like to wander alone so I can make nasty comments about the ugly dresses, so making an appointment, scheduling the harrassment, is just not cool.

I hate summer school and everything about it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get an 89.5% B in my sociology class and there's just nothing I can do about it. I could email with the professor again, but I'm pretty sure he'd tell me that I should apply for a job at the university so I could set my own grading standards. And you know what, I'm almost educated and vengeful enough to do just that.

I hate the pain medication I'm taking. It doesn't really make the pain any better, it just makes me feel detached from it. Like hey, if it felt like my head was connected to my body, then I'm fairly certain it would still be hurting. And the neurologist assured me that I wouldn't feel any "high" like effects from the opiates. Guess he was wrong, hope they don't choose me for drug testing at work.

Just joking of course, they know that I'm high as a kite on opiates all the time.

2 comments:

kim said...

How are you doing with the insanity? And the general bad head-ness. Plz hurry and blog; I've been wondering about you all day. And I hope you're not mad at me for mentioning your small boobies on your CB site. I just couldn't help myself. Plz don't be mad at me :).

Anonymous said...

SCUBA is self-contained underwater breathing apparatus!