WaMu is made of freaking WaMorons

Saturday, June 30, 2007

I'm sorry. I'm mad. Like really mad. I don't mean to be mean to WaMu, but they're being mean to me, so I'm going to be mean back briefly. If you work there, I'm sorry, this is not directed at you, only at the 2 morons I spoke to and the man who lied to me.

The Fiance and I opened a joint bank account on Thursday at Washington Mutual, who until this point, has had such a good reputation, and The Fiance has sucessfully banked there for like 8 years. So I asked the man opening the account how long it would take between when a check was deposited into the account (this is the wedding account and my parents are graciously depositing money into it) and when it would be available. I was very clear with this question because I need a specific amount of money to put down a deposit THIS WEEKEND and I knew my mom wouldn't be able to deposit it until Friday. The man said that because The Fiance was an existing customer that they wouldn't need to hold the money, it would go right in.

Lying liar.

I just spoke with 2 different people at WaMu and both of them told me that there's nothing that can be done, it's going to be held. And not just held, they're only going to release HALF of the deposit by NEXT FRIDAY. Granted we need less than half of it, but we can't hold our date any longer and neither of us have the money to take to the wedding place to put down the deposit. So I'm screwed. I was lied to and I may now lose my wedding date because of it. I want to scream and yell and just let loose on someone at WaMu, but the guy who told us the big lie? Not in today. Awfully convenient for him and his physical well-being.

I just want to sit here and cry. This is not fair. We did everything right, we asked the right questions, we did what we were supposed to do and now we have nothing to show for it. We can't get our wedding deposit put down and we can't save the date any longer.

And while I've given at least 3 big lectures about this phrase to the kids I work with this week, I'm going to say it anyway. This is not fair. It's just not. (and the first person to comment and tell me to be thankful for what I have and that life isn't fair is going to get the wrath I've been saving the for the WaMu guy. I'm not kidding. If this post bothers you, leave me alone, today is not the day. I understand that I am very fortuante, it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be upset when things go wrong).

2 comments:

Monkling said...

It is probably too late at this point but I wonder if you can cancel the check and have your parents do a wire transfer. Not sure that's the right term but if the money can be transfered directly from their account to yours, wouldn't it be viewed as a cash deposit, therefore not requiring any hold?

If that can be done, maybe you can give them the deposit on Monday rather than waiting an entire week.

kim said...

Oh Katie, I'm sorry this has happened to you! Imagine me hugging you and patting your back, because that truly does suck. And it is not fair at all, and you have every right to be mad and to NOT look at "the bright side." WHO ON EARTH WOULD HAVE THE NERVE TO TELL YOU TO BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU'VE GOT, OR WHATEVER IT WAS? Grrrr! What about what my friend Monkling suggested--ya think maybe? Maybe "they" would be willing to accept a (much) smaller deposit just to hold the date, until next week when you can give them the full deposit? Just trying to help, but feel free to still be pissed even if any of our suggestions work. And I would be talking to the lying liar's boss, AND starting the bank account somewhere else! What about having your account at the same bank as the parent who will be doing the biggest share of the depositing to your account? That way, they know the money is there so when a deposit is made from an existing account, there is no hold time. At least that's the way it works at my Credit Union. Anyway...keep us posted, and I say don't let the lying liar off the hook just cause he was smart enough to take a day off. Whenever he gets back, start raising hell!