The Cycle of Insanity.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

***5 HOUR mark: Nope, I'm not kidding. It's 10:08, precisely 5 hours after I sent the first (of 5) emails alerting my professor to the problem. Apparently Dr. Idon'twanttenure isn't checking his inbox tonight, which is all different kinds of ridiculous to me. But at this point, I'm not sure I'm sane enough to judge.


**2 HOUR mark: I'm staring at the same screen. "Assessment has already been completed, click to review results" [click] "Assessment has not been completed, you cannot review the results." SERIOUSLY. Oh and did I mention that I've now sent 3 emails, each getting progressively nastier? Because I have, and I'm about 3 minutes away from typing the email titled "Asshat, check your email before I contact the dean." But what I'm really looking forward to is completing the course evaluation after I finish. That outta be a peach.


Excuse me for a moment while I yell.

SO many things have gone wrong or badly today. SO MANY. Right now, while I'm typing this, I'm waiting for my jerkface professor (he really is a jerkface, not just because he's not getting back to me) to fix a problem with the STUPIDEST online schooling system, blackboard so I can finish, (or rather begin, since I only did one question and looked at another before it locked me out) my chemistry test. This is the last thing I have left to do for the academic quarter and IT WON'T FREAKING WORK. For the love of all that is good and sacred, if you are an online professor and you're giving a test where if students encounter problems they are to email you YOU SHOULD BE SITTING AT YOUR COMPUTER ALLLLLLLLLL DAY. Not just in the morning, not just at noon, but in the evening so that those of us who have jobs and aren't 19 years old and ALREADY ON SUMMER BREAK can get help too. AND you may want to tell us more than 1 day before the test that the test covers 4 chapters not 3 and that oh by the way NONE OF THE QUESTIONS ARE ANYTHING LIKE THE HOMEWORK OR QUIZZES.

Did you hear that? It was my brain, exploding.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Here's a bunch of commas. Put them in to break up the run on sentences. All that can come from my proofreading is more capital letters.

1 comments:

kim said...

Oh, Katie! I've read both "rants" now and I actually think you have used great restraint. I would have been ass-deep in profanity by now if I was in your situation :). I'm so sorry; if there was something I could do to help you, you can bet I would. As it is, when the dickwad professor finally gets around to you, tell him that your friend who is old enough to be your mother wants him to be less of a dickwad and to give you some extra consideration on your test! Yeah, like that will work....but at least it made me feel a little helpful to you...HAHAHA!

Thanks so much for what you wrote to me and, to be honest, I just finished resolving it. I DO feel the way I wrote--which you already know about me as you've been with me through all of my friendship problems and quirks--but I also must admit that I probably did overreact a bit. The person who spilled the beans about a thing meant no malice and didn't even know I hadn't already talked about it. Although she meant no harm to start with, she did apologize. I think the reason it bugged me so much is because I was feeling stupid, sad and VERY tired, which is not a good combo for me! Add in hungry and not eating right and drinking enough water and it's REALLY not a good combo. I do think that I am a little more emotional as I come up on Mother's Day and miss my Mama sooooo much :(! No matter how old you are, you always need your Mom...

So, in the midst of all you have going on, thank you so much for being concerned with me. You're such a good friend to me, Katie, and you always make me feel better! I'll be checking in, of course!, to see how everything goes...